The Girls on the Run of NOVA (GOTR NOVA) Loudoun County Outreach Coordinator (LCOC) supports the recruitment of new GOTR and Heart & Sole (H&S) programs at elementary schools, middle schools, and community-based sites throughout Loudoun County, Virginia. The LCOC will be supported by the Program Associate to ensure the quality of programming and retention of current Loudoun County program sites.
The ideal candidate for this volunteer position is extremely organized, has experience successfully managing external relationships, and displays situational versatility. This position requires significant local travel within Loudoun County and some evenings and weekends to represent GOTR NOVA at various events.
This is a 10-month stipended volunteer position. Most activity will be conducted remotely.
Areas of Focus:
New Site Outreach
- Implement a 6- to 12-month outreach and recruitment plan for new sites throughout Loudoun County
- Research potential new program sites and meet with representatives from those sites
- Attend tabling events and other recruitment events in Loudoun County to share information about GOTR NOVA
- Communicate with schools, community centers, and other potential program sites to establish new program sites
Communications and Operations
- Maintain ongoing, effective communication with coaches and site liaisons at Loudoun County program sites and support them as needed throughout the program season, particularly with new sites
- Support compliance with local policies (school and municipal) that affect the program teams
- Prepare for and help implement seasonal coach logistics and logistics for pre-season supply pick-up, as needed
- Support Loudoun County coaches and program participants by conducting site visits
- Maintain regular contact with the Program Associate
- Working knowledge of Loudoun County, VA in regards to its geographic, educational, cultural, and professional components as well as its needs
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Must be well organized, self-directed and a team player
- Experience working with Google Applications and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to travel throughout assigned area and possess own car and a valid driver's license
- Be able to work a flexible schedule which includes some evenings and weekends
- Passion for the mission of Girls on the Run of NOVA
- $100 monthly stipend
- Free CPR/First Aid certification, if not already certified
- Flexible schedule (around 10-15 hours of work expected per month)
- Work remotely
Please email a resume to Theresa Fitzpatrick (email@example.com) with subject heading “Loudoun County Outreach Coordinator” by Tuesday, July 11, 2017. No phone calls, please.